Health benefits of Tree tomato, a small tree or shrub in the flowering plant family Solanaceae (the nightshade family). It is best known as the species that bears the tamarillo, an egg-shaped edible fruit.
In this article, we will highlight health benefits of a tree tomato. It is important to note that these benefits are not exhaustive.
Tree Tomato Fruit Benefits
The nutrients in this fruit are vital for overall health and maintenance of body systems. The health benefits of tree tomato include:
- Acts as an antioxidant: Has phytonutrients that offers antioxidant activity and lowers the chances of degenerative diseases such as cancer, cataracts, Parkinson’s disease, heart disease, diabetes and Alzheimer’s disease.
- Eye health: Tamarillo has Vitamin A that maintains healthy eyes. It also moistens eye membranes and acts as a barrier for virus and bacteria. It lowers the chances of eye infections.
- Heart Health: Potassium in tamarillo which assist in controlling heart rate as well as blood pressure. It balances harmful effects of sodium on heart. It also provides magnesium as well as other minerals that are essential for proper functioning of cardiovascular system.
- Prevent Kidney Stones: Citric acid helps to avoid the growth and development of kidney stones. It provides protective benefits with the excretion of excess calcium as well as uric acid from the body.
- Skin Health: Tree tomato offers Vitamin E, Vitamin C and Vitamin A which builds blocks of skin. It prevents aging of skin due to UV light and pollution.
- Helpful for diabetes: Scientific studies show that tree tomato is beneficial for diabetic people. Tamarillo has chlorogenic acid which helps to lower blood sugar in Type II diabetes. Moreover, antioxidant activities help to lower oxidative stress on body organs such as liver and pancreas that could result to diabetes.
Green Grocers in Nairobi
In fact, they deliver FREE of charge to your doorstep.
Order now on 0710266236 or from their website here.